Planning and Research Department
The Planning and Research Unit is headed by a Chief Planner and has two functional Sections, each supervised by a Principal Planner. The Sections are Policy and Research; and Budget and Planning.
The Planning Unit forms the centre of Ministerial operations through managing and coordinating all the Ministerial programmes and activities. The main responsibilities of the Unit are as outlined below:
- To coordinate employment promotion programmes
- To coordinate Labour Market Research activities in order to generate information for appropriate interventions.
- To coordinate timely preparations of Ministerial plans and budget to facilitate the acquisition of resources.
- To effectively coordinate policy formulation process in order to have consolidated policy guidelines
- To conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of labour policies.
- To coordinate the preparations of Cabinet Memoranda and all parliamentary assignments.